- Year: 1996
- Current Price: US$ 64,900
- Located In Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Engine/Fuel Type: Single diesel
- YW# 4344-2608477
Designer: Hunter Design Group
LOA: 37 ft 4 in
Beam: 12 ft 5 in
LWL: 31 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 16400 lbs
Ballast: 5900 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 59 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1500
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine(s) Total Power: 38 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (37 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Hunter's 37.5 is perhaps the most accommodating layout in the Hunter line of coastal cruising yachts. Every corner of the boat is efficiently designed to maximize space, comfort, storage and functionality. This is one of the only yachts at this size and price that can boast such a spacious master cabin. Further, Hunters come from the factory completely ready to sail.
Her shoal draft bulb-wing keel keeps draft below five feet. Her generous sail plan is easy to handle and provides quick and hearty acceleration in light air. Dutchman mainsail flaking makes the job of stowing the main, in light or heavy air, that much simpler. A boat that's easy to sail is a boat you'll sail more often.
ROAMANCE is in fantastic shape. She has been a three-owner boat owner (I have known and been familiar with the boat since 1998 and the previous two owners). The boat has only ever been cruised lightly on the Chesapeake Bay. She is in great shape inside and out.
I know that when I travel with clients FAR out of town for yachts, I don't like surprises when I get there. It's embarrassing for me and can make for an expensive trip. With that in mind, I'd like to share my rating of various systems on the boat so you'll be as informed as possible before you come for a visit. My rating system is on a 1-10 scale with 10 being 'excellent' (in MY opinion). Please view this list as a GUIDE only. Everyone's idea of good and bad can vary quite a bit. My goal in doing this is to help you reach a comfort level with the boat before you invest time and energy to come and see it. I'll summarize by saying that this appears to be an excellent yacht worthy of serious consideration.
- Overall Rating: 8.0/10
- Has held up really well with three owners (I have known and been associated with this boat since 1998). She has spent her life on the Chesapeake with two owners since 1998. The hull and deck are in great shape, and the interior is still very clean. I've learned when I shop for buyers to ask about what's wrong wtih a boat. It's just as important as what's right about it. Here is all I could find:
- Exterior boot stripe is fading and there is some cosmetic gel coat cracking here and there on the decks, but the decks appear to be dry. Some of these cracks have been repaired in the past. The contractor could have done a better job. NONE appear to have exposed the core.
- Interior: 9.0/10
- Interior is still in outstanding shape.
- Upolstry in great condition
- Teak and holly sole in excellenct condition
- Hatches and port lights are showing a little crazing, but still offer good visibility
- Exterior: 8.0/10
- Decks are in good shape and appear to be dry. There are some cosmetic crazing cracks. Easy to navigate with wide side-decks.
- Primary winches are near the helm for easy single-handed sailing.
- Fantastic cockpit access to the swim platform. Shower available ont he stern.
- Boom is at a manageable height for adjusting sails. Single line reefing makes for easy changes.
- Bimini is in good shape. Bimini and dodger both replaced in 2011.
- Lewmar anchor windlass new in 2010
- Martek davits installed in 2009
- Apex 9' Dinghy ('06) and Lehr 2.5hp propane motor ('12)
- Electronics: 9.0/10
- Garmin GPS is in a good location and instruments are easily readable from the helm.
- ST50 depth is non-functioning but has been replaced by the Raymarine tridata.
- Engine Room: 9.5/10 (visual inspection only)
- Engine has been regularly serviced. Everything looks good. It is in outstanding shape with approximately 1,500 hours on it. Access is great from all sides (top, left, right, front and back)
- Galley/Head Systems: 9.5/10
- Excellent condition. Stove/oven is clean. Adler Barbor refrigeration is in great shape. Very functional counter spaces for galley time.
- Storage compartments and spaces are thoughtfully laid out for maximum efficiency.
- Head is very spacious with great storage and a seperate shower area.
- Jabsco head new in 2010. Head hoses replaced in 2009.
- Rig & Sails: 8.0/10
- Rig surveyed 2012.
- Main and jib overhauled 2012
- Rig is turn-key. Tall, performance rig, fully battened mainsail, 135% genoa.
- Sails have been serviced regularly at the Quantum loft in Annapolis. Asymetrical spinnaker is in outstanding shape; almost never been used.
Entering the cabin via the main hatch, there's a set of teak tread steps leading down over the engine. Atop the engine there's a handy storage compartment for winch handles and other gear within easy reach of the cockpit. At the bottom of the steps, a large l-shaped galley with corian countertops is to port. Immediately to starboard is a large head with separate shower.
Just forward of the head is the nav station with room for the latest gear. Forward of the galley and nav station is the main salon with an adjustable drop leaf table and seating for seven. Beyond the forward bulkhead is the v-berth with abundant locker storage.
She sleeps seven comfortably, two in the master stateroom aft, two in the v-berth forward, two on the port side of the l-shaped salon (on the drop down table with provided cushion), and one on the settee to starboard.. The interior joinerwork is teak and teak veneer over marine plywood. The teak has been maintained using teakcleaner and Teak Oil. The cabin sole is teak and holly.
Forward and aft cabins and saloon insert are in excellent shape and have original Hunter tan fabric. You'll be stunned by the condition of the vessel both inside and out.
- 16,000 BTU Reverse-cycle MarineAir air conditioning/heat
To port, abeam the companionway, the galley is accented with Corian countertop and teak fiddles. The food preparation area is excellent, augmented by E-Z access food storage. Custom stainless safety rails are a cook's great friend while on long passages.
- Double stainless steek sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water (110V/engine heat exchanger)
- Adler Barbour Super Cold Machine dual-size , adjustable temp. refrigeration/freezer, large enough to support a two-week cruise to the Bahamas (can be supported by the 90 amp alternator)
- Seafarer Seaward Princess deluxe stainless three-burner propane stove/oven,oven barely used.
- Propane tank w/solenoid and shutoff switches
The double bed is athwartships with a dressing seat, recessed lights to port and starboard and spotlights with a cushioned portside backrest as well. Excellent ventilation and lighting are provided by ample hatches. A hanging closet and built-in shelving are on starboard, while additional enclosed storage is on port near the bulkhead. The aft cabin has enclosure privacy doors port and starboard, and there is an air conditioning vent for climate controls at dock or DC circulation fans while at anchor on the Bay. Aft cabin sole allows easy access to gear shaft and packing gland.
This yacht has a 38hp Yanmar engine with approximately 1,500 hours that has been well maintained by its owners over their 6 years of ownership. The engine has been maintained regularly.
- 38hp Yanmar engine with 1,500 hours
- 3 blade propeller. Stuffing box replaced (2010)
- Transmission overhaul (2011)
- New high-amp starter (2012)
- Oil filters, fuel filters, alternator belt and raw water impeller replaced annually
- Raw water piping replaced (2011)
ROAMANCE is equipped with Garmin GPS and a Raytheon autopilot at the helm for easy cruising. She also features Raymarine tridata and wind insruments in the cockpit as well as an Apelco VHF radio down at the navigation station. There is also a Pioneer stereo unit at the navigation station with cockpit speakers as well as speakers down below.
- Garmin 498 GPS
- Raytheon ST4000+ autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 tridata
- Raytheon ST50 depth (not functioning, replaced by tridata)
- Raymarine ST50 wind
- Apelco VHF (nav)
- Ritchie Compass
- Pioneer stereo/CD player
- 12/110V system with well-lit circuit breaker panel
- Engine-driven, multi-stage alternator located near the A/C control switch
- Lights: tricolor masthead; masthead strobe; anchor; navigation; steaming and two rechargeable portable spotlights. Spreader light needs bulb.
- One 30 amp power cord
- Three wet cell batteries, 2 deep cycle house and one starter battery(all new 2011).
- 55 amp three-stage alternator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Check out the YachtWorld listing here.